Depending on your ultimate destination, there are a few different ways to get to Mount Rushmore. The most direct route would take you through the states of Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, and Wyoming.
Once you’ve mapped out your route, it’s time to start planning your trip. You’ll want to decide how long you want to stay at each stop, and what kinds of activities you want to do along the way. If you’re traveling with kids, you’ll also want to make sure to plan plenty of activities to keep them entertained.
One of the best parts of a road trip is the food. You’ll want to make sure to pack plenty of snacks and drinks for the drive and to find out about any good restaurants along the way.
Finally, don’t forget to pack your camera! A road trip is a perfect opportunity to take lots of photos and create lasting memories.
Denver To Mount Rushmore Distance:
On a car, the distance is 5 hr 55 min (367.5 mi) via I-25 N and US-85 N.
Road Trip From Denver To Mount Rushmore: Gas Stations On The Way
If you’re planning a road trip from Denver to Mount Rushmore, you’ll want to make sure you have plenty of gas in the tank. Here are a few gas stations along the way:
Shell – Located at I-25 and US-87, this Shell station is a great place to fill up before hitting the road.
Chevron – This Chevron station is located at I-70 and US-6. It’s a great place to stop for gas and snacks before continuing on your journey.
Conoco – This Conoco station is located at I-76 and US-36. It’s a great place to stop for gas and to use the restroom before continuing on your trip.
Mobil – This Mobil station is located at I-80 and US-385. It’s a great place to stop for gas and to get your coffee fix before continuing on your trip.
How To Hire A Car For A Road Trip From Denver To Mount Rushmore
The first step is to decide which vehicle you want to use for your road trip. You can either use your own car or rent a car from a rental company. If you plan on using your own car, you will need to make sure that it is in good condition and that you have all the necessary supplies for the trip. If you decide to rent a car, you will need to choose a company that offers a good deal on rental cars.
Once you have chosen your vehicle, you will need to plan your route. If you are driving from Denver to Mount Rushmore, you will need to take I-25 North to I-70 West. You will then take Exit ramp 144B to US-285 South. You will then take US-24 West to Custer, SD. You will then take SD-87 North to Mount Rushmore National Monument.
When you are planning your route, you will need to take into account the time of year that you are traveling. If you are traveling during the summer, you will need to take into account the traffic that will be on the road. If you are traveling during the winter, you will need to take into account the road conditions.
Once you have your route planned, you will need to pack your car. You will need to bring food, water, and clothing for the trip. You will also need to bring a map of the area so that you can find your way around.
When you are ready to start your road trip, you will need to fill up your car with gas. You will also need to make sure that you have your car insurance information with you. You will need to have your driver’s license and registration with you as well.
Once you have all of your information, you will be ready to start your road trip.
Road Trip From Denver To Mount Rushmore: Attractions To See On The Way
- Start planning your trip from Denver to Mount Rushmore National Monument! This road trip will take you through some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.
- You’ll want to make sure you have plenty of time to enjoy all the attractions along the way. Here are some of the highlights:
- The first stop on your trip is Rocky Mountain, National Park. This is one of the most popular national parks in the country and it’s easy to see why. With its majestic mountains and stunning scenery, Rocky Mountain National Park is a must-see.
- After Rocky Mountain National Park, you’ll head to Yellowstone National Park. This is another one of the most popular national parks and it’s also one of the largest. Yellowstone is home to a variety of wildlife, including bison, elk, and wolves.
- Next, you’ll make your way to the Badlands National Park. The Badlands are a unique landscape of canyons, hills, and prairies. This is a great place to hike, bike, or just enjoy the scenic views.
- Finally, you’ll arrive at Mount Rushmore National Monument. This is the highlight of the trip and it’s definitely worth the wait. Mount Rushmore is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the country and it’s a must-see for anyone visiting the area.
- After you’ve visited Mount Rushmore, you’ll head back to Denver. This road trip is sure to be an unforgettable experience and one that you’ll always remember.