Are you planning a road trip from New York to Chicago? If so, congratulations! You’re in for a real treat.
There’s nothing quite like a road trip. The open road, the wind in your hair, the sense of freedom… it’s all unbeatable. And when you’re road-tripping from one of the most exciting cities in the world (New York) to one of the most vibrant and vibrant cities in the world (Chicago), you’re in for an even greater adventure.
But before you hit the road, there are a few things you’ll need to do to prepare. After all, a road trip is a big undertaking, and you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared for everything.
Here’s a quick checklist of things to do before your road trip from New York to Chicago:
- Get your vehicle in tip-top shape.
Before you embark on any road trip, it’s crucial to make sure your vehicle is in good working condition. This means getting an oil change, checking your tires, and making sure all your fluids are topped off. You don’t want to end up stranded on the side of the road, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Plan your route.
One of the best things about road tripping is that you can pretty much go wherever you want. But that doesn’t mean you should just wing it. It’s a good idea to map out your route in advance, so you know exactly where you’re going and can avoid any potential roadblocks.
- Pack wisely.
This one is key. You don’t want to bring too much stuff with you, but you also don’t want to forget essential items. Make a list of everything you’ll need for the trip, and then pack accordingly. And don’t forget to bring some snacks and drinks for the drive!
- Set a budget.
Road trips can be expensive, so it’s important to set a budget in advance. Factor in the cost of gas, food, lodging, and any activities you want to do along the way. This will help you avoid overspending and will make sure you have enough money to enjoy your trip.
- Relax and enjoy the ride!
Once you’ve taken care of all the logistics, it’s time to just sit back and enjoy the ride. soak up the scenery, listen to some good tunes, and make some great memories. Road tripping is all about the journey, so savor every moment.
Enjoy your road trip from New York to Chicago!
New York To Chicago Distance:
On a car, the distance is 12 hr 17 min (790.0 mi) via I-80 W.
Road Trip From New York To Chicago: Gas Stations On The Way
If you’re planning a road trip from New York to Chicago, you’ll want to make sure you have plenty of gas in the tank. Here are a few gas stations you’ll find along the way:
In New York:
- Sunoco: There are several Sunoco locations in New York City. You can find one at 116th Street and Broadway, another at 42nd Street and 8th Avenue, and another at 14th Street and 8th Avenue.
- Exxon: There are a few Exxon gas stations in New York City. One is located at 96th Street and 3rd Avenue, another at 72nd Street and 1st Avenue, and another at 59th Street and 2nd Avenue.
- Sunoco: There are several Sunoco locations in Pennsylvania. You can find one at the Pennsylvania Turnpike exit 351 (near Hershey), another at the Pennsylvania Turnpike exit 247 (near Harrisburg), and another at the Pennsylvania Turnpike exit 20 (near Pittsburgh).
- Exxon: There are a few Exxon gas stations in Pennsylvania. One is located at the Pennsylvania Turnpike exit 201 (near Reading), another at the Pennsylvania Turnpike exit 166 (near Lancaster), and another at the Pennsylvania Turnpike exit 75 (near Erie).
- Sunoco: There are several Sunoco locations in Ohio. You can find one at the Ohio Turnpike exit 118 (near Toledo), another at the Ohio Turnpike exit 91 (near Akron), and another at the Ohio Turnpike exit 45 (near Cleveland).
- Exxon: There are a few Exxon gas stations in Ohio. One is located at the Ohio Turnpike exit 212 (near Youngstown), another at the Ohio Turnpike exit 153 (near Mansfield), and another at the Ohio Turnpike exit 72 (near Cincinnati).
- Sunoco: There is one Sunoco location in Indiana, at the Indiana Toll Road exit 157 (near South Bend).
- Exxon: There is one Exxon gas station in Indiana, at the Indiana Toll Road exit 155 (near Elkhart).
- Sunoco: There are several Sunoco locations in Illinois. You can find one at the Illinois Tollway exit 4B (near O’Hare International Airport), another at the Illinois Tollway exit 53 (near Rockford), and another at the Illinois Tollway exit 95 (near Schaumburg).
- Exxon: There is one Exxon gas station in Illinois, at the Illinois Tollway exit 48 (near Belvidere).
How To Hire A Car For A Road Trip From New York To Chicago
Planning a road trip from New York to Chicago? You’ll need to rent a car! Here’s everything you need to know about how to hire a car for your trip:
First, decide what type of car you need. You’ll want to think about how many people you’re traveling with, what type of luggage you’ll have, and whether you’ll need any special features like a GPS system.
Once you know what type of car you need, start shopping around for the best deal. You can use websites like Kayak or Expedia to compare prices from different rental companies.
Be sure to read the fine print before you book! Some rental companies have hidden fees, so you’ll want to make sure you understand the total cost of your rental before you commit.
When you’re ready to book, have your credit card and driver’s license ready. You’ll need to provide these when you pick up your car.
Finally, don’t forget to pack your sense of adventure! A road trip from New York to Chicago is the perfect opportunity to explore everything the United States has to offer. So buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Road Trip From New York To Chicago: Attractions To See On The Way
If you’re planning a road trip from New York to Chicago, you’ll definitely want to check out some of the attractions along the way! Here are just a few of the highlights:
Niagara Falls: One of the most famous waterfalls in the world, Niagara Falls is a must-see for any traveler. You can take a boat tour to get up close to the falls, or just enjoy the views from the observation deck.
Erie Canal: This historic waterway was once an important transportation route for goods and people. Today, it’s a great place to take a leisurely boat ride or go for a stroll.
The Finger Lakes: This region of New York state is home to beautiful lakes, wineries, and quaint towns. It’s the perfect place to stop for a picnic or a glass of wine.
Cleveland: This city is home to a variety of attractions, including the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Cleveland Museum of Art, and the zoo. There’s something for everyone in Cleveland!
Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore: This park on the shores of Lake Michigan is a great place to hike, swim, or just enjoy the views.
Chicago: The final destination of your road trip! Chicago is a bustling metropolis with plenty to see and do. Be sure to visit some of the city’s famous landmarks, like the Willis Tower and the Cloud Gate sculpture.
Road Trip From New York To Chicago: What Hotels To Stay In?
New York to Chicago is a long road trip, but there are plenty of hotels to stay in along the way. Here are some of our favorites:
The first night, stay in New York City. There are plenty of hotels to choose from, but we recommend the Hilton Times Square. It’s centrally located and close to all the sights and attractions of the city.
The second night, stay in Albany. The Marriott Albany is a great choice, with comfortable rooms and a convenient location.
The third night, stay in Syracuse. The Sheraton Syracuse is a great choice, with comfortable rooms and a convenient location.
The fourth night, stay in Cleveland. The Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Tower is a great choice, with comfortable rooms and a convenient location.
The fifth night, stay in Chicago. There are plenty of hotels to choose from in Chicago, but we recommend the Hilton Chicago. It’s centrally located and close to all the sights and attractions of the city.