Making the drive from Orlando to Key West is an amazing experience. The trip is nearly 400 miles and takes about 6 and a half hours to complete. Along the way, you’ll see some of the most beautiful scenery in Florida, including the Florida Keys.
To make the most of your trip, it’s important to be prepared. Here are some tips to help you get ready for your Orlando to Key West road trip:
- Plan your route. Decide which route you want to take and map out your trip. Google Maps is a great resource for this.
- Pack your car. Make sure you have everything you need in your car, including snacks, drinks, sunscreen, and a first-aid kit.
- Check the weather. Before you hit the road, check the weather forecast. You don’t want to be caught in a storm while driving!
- Drive safely. Remember to drive safely and obey the speed limit. The last thing you want is to get a ticket!
- Enjoy the ride! Don’t forget to enjoy the ride and take in the beautiful scenery. This is a trip you’ll remember for a lifetime!
Orlando To Key West Distance:
On a car, the distance is 6 hr 35 min (392.8 mi) via Florida’s Turnpike and US-1 S.
Road Trip From Orlando To Key West: Gas Stations On The Way
If you’re planning a road trip from Orlando to Key West, you’ll definitely want to know about all the best gas stations along the way! Here are our top picks:
- Chevron: This gas station chain is known for its quality and reliability, so you can rest assured that your car will be in good hands. Plus, with over 1,000 locations across the country, you’re never far from a Chevron station!
- Shell: Another trusted name in the gas station world, Shell offers great prices and a wide selection of fuel types to choose from.
- Exxon: Exxon stations are easy to find and offer competitive prices, making them a great option for your road trip.
- BP: BP is another great choice for gas, with plenty of locations across the country.
- ARCO: ARCO stations offer some of the lowest prices around, making them a great budget-friendly option.
No matter which gas station you choose, you’ll be sure to find everything you need to fuel up for your journey from Orlando to Key West!
How To Hire A Car For A Road Trip From Orlando To Key West
If you’re planning a road trip from Orlando to Key West, you’ll need to rent a car. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right car for your trip:
- Decide what type of car you need. You’ll need to decide how many people will be riding in the car and how much luggage you’ll be bringing. If you’re traveling with a large group or a lot of luggage, you’ll need a larger car.
- Choose a car that’s comfortable for everyone. You’ll be spending a lot of time in the car, so you’ll want to make sure everyone is comfortable. Choose a car with plenty of legroom and headroom.
- Choose a car with good gas mileage. You’ll be doing a lot of driving, so you’ll want to choose a car that gets good gas mileage.
- Choose a car that’s easy to drive. You’ll be doing a lot of driving on unfamiliar roads, so you’ll want to choose a car that’s easy to drive.
- Make sure the car is in good condition. You’ll be driving a long distance, so you’ll want to make sure the car is in good condition. Check the tires, brakes, and other essential parts before you leave.
Following these tips will help you choose the right car for your road trip from Orlando to Key West.
Road Trip From Orlando To Key West: Attractions To See On The Way
The Florida Keys are a chain of islands off the southern coast of Florida, and Key West is the southernmost point in the continental United States. A road trip from Orlando to Key West is the perfect way to experience the best of what Florida has to offer, from the hustle and bustle of the city to the laid-back island lifestyle.
The drive from Orlando to Key West is about four hours, and there are plenty of attractions to see along the way. Here are some of the best things to do on a road trip from Orlando to Key West:
Stop At Kennedy Space Center
The Kennedy Space Center is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Florida. It’s home to NASA’s launch facilities, and it’s where you can see rockets and spacecraft up close. There are also plenty of interactive exhibits and shows to enjoy.
Visit The Everglades
The Everglades is a massive swamp area that covers much of southern Florida. It’s home to a variety of wildlife, including alligators, crocodiles, and dozens of species of birds. You can explore the Everglades by airboat, and there are also plenty of hiking and biking trails.
Take A Dip In The Blue Hole
The Blue Hole is a natural swimming hole near the town of Marathon. It’s a popular spot for locals and tourists alike, and it’s the perfect place to cool off on a hot day.
Visit Key West
Key West is the southernmost point in the continental United States, and it’s a popular destination for its beaches, bars, and Key West attractions like the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum.
Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, a road trip from Orlando to Key West is the perfect way to experience all that Florida has to offer.