Are you planning a road trip from Portland to Seattle? If so then you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared for the journey.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan your trip:
- Choose the right vehicle: Not all vehicles are created equal when it comes to road trips.
You’ll want to make sure you choose a vehicle that is comfortable has enough space for all your gear and gets good gas mileage.
- Map out your route: Before you hit the road take some time to map out your route.
This will help you avoid getting lost and will also allow you to plan for any potential road closures or construction.
- Pack wisely: When it comes to packing for a road trip less is more.
You don’t want to bring along anything that you won’t use.
Be sure to pack snacks and drinks for the drive as well as any games or activities to keep you entertained.
- Take your time: Don’t try to rush your road trip.
The journey is just as important as the destination.
Take your time and enjoy the scenery.
following the tips above you’re sure to have a great road trip from Portland to Seattle.
Portland To Seattle Distance:
On a car the distance is 3 hr 9 min (173.7 mi) via I-5 N.
Road Trip From Portland To Seattle: Gas Stations On The Way
Heading out on a road trip from Portland to Seattle? Make sure you gas up before you go – there are plenty of gas stations along the way.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Chevron – This Chevron is located right off of I-5 making it easy to stop and fill up before getting back on the road.
They always have great prices and the staff is always friendly.
- Arco – Another great option for gas Arco is located right in the heart of downtown Seattle.
If you’re looking for a place to fill up before hitting the city this is the perfect spot.
- Shell – This Shell station is just a few minutes outside of Seattle making it a great option if you’re looking to fill up before heading into the city.
They always have great prices on gas and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
- Costco – If you’re a member of Costco you can fill up your tank for a great price at any of their locations.
This particular location is just a few minutes outside of Seattle making it a great option if you’re looking to save on gas.
- Sam’s Club – Another great option for members of Sam’s Club this location is just outside of Seattle.
They always have competitive prices on gas and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
No matter where you decide to fill up you’ll be sure to find great prices and friendly staff at any of these gas stations.
So hit the road and enjoy your road trip from Portland to Seattle!
How To Hire A Car For A Road Trip From Portland To Seattle
Now that you know how to hire a car for a road trip from Portland to Seattle it’s time to start planning your adventure! Here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan your trip:
- Decide how many people will be joining you on your road trip.
This will help you determine what size car you’ll need to rent.
- Choose your dates and make sure to book your rental car in advance.
- Map out your route and make sure to include rest stops gas stations and attractions along the way.
- Pack your car with everything you’ll need for the trip including snacks drinks maps and a first-aid kit.
- Drive safely and enjoy the scenery as you make your way from Portland to Seattle!
Road Trip From Portland To Seattle: Attractions To See On The Way
If you’re looking for a scenic drive from Portland to Seattle you won’t be disappointed.
The route takes you through some of the most beautiful countrysides in the Pacific Northwest.
Along the way you’ll pass through the stunning Columbia River Gorge the Cascade Mountains and the picturesque farmlands of the Willamette Valley.
There are plenty of great attractions to see along the way.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
The Columbia River Gorge
The Columbia River Gorge is one of the most scenic areas in the Pacific Northwest.
The route takes you along the historic Columbia River Highway which offers stunning views of the river and the surrounding mountains.
You’ll also pass through the Cascade Locks where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean.
The Cascade Mountains
The Cascade Mountains offer some of the most breathtaking scenery in the Pacific Northwest.
The route takes you through the majestic Mt.
Hood National Forest where you can enjoy views of Mt.
Hood the tallest mountain in Oregon.
You’ll also pass by Mt.
Helens the site of the 1980 volcanic eruption.
The Willamette Valley
The Willamette Valley is one of the most fertile agricultural regions in the world.
The route takes you through the picturesque farmlands of the valley where you can see firsthand the bounty of the land.
You’ll also pass by the state capital of Salem as well as the wine country of Dundee.
Whether you’re looking for a scenic drive or a chance to explore some of the best attractions in the Pacific Northwest the Portland to Seattle road trip is a great option.
So gas up the car and hit the road!